Monday, March 30, 2009

Recent Musics

Obits: I Blame You and One Cross Apiece- The One Cross 7" is the winner here. The two songs are great and (understandably) is a great transition between Hot Snakes and this, the first Obits recording. The full length is great too- I prefer it to the Night Marchers record (sorry other 3/4 of Hot Snakes, Rick wins). It's more surf guitar/Duane Eddy inspired than the single. Subpop was a little late sending these out (boo), however, they made up for it (almost) by doling out stickers, buttons and a limited edish Obits hologramy-thing. It used to be my job to fill packages with that stuff, but it still makes me as giddy as a little girl when I get it myself.
Mastodon: Crack The Skye- Very, uhhhh... psychedelic. And awesome. It sounds exactly like I expect it to sound, based on the concept. Mystical-czarist-space-hallucination-metal! I don't know if I like it better than Blood Mountain, but I like it a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment