Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Currently: Music

Recent Listening List:
Morrissey: Years of Refusal- Well, truthfully, it's probably waiting on my doorstep right now, but I know it's good and that I'll be listening to it constantly for the next year- like with any Morrissey record.
John Frusciante: The Empyrean- Jesus, this is good. I could listen to the first 2 songs forever. I even listened to the first track @45 rpm and it was great (it's an instrumental, so no high pitched vocals to contend with). Said first track makes me think of if Peter Green/Fleetwood Mac recorded "Albatross" after binging on Joy Division, Fugazi and Jimi Hendrix- so it's pretty much a fantasy track for me. On the whole it's easily his best non-that-other-horrible-band-he's-in-with-Flea.
Mogwai: EP Compilation Mix CD- This one never worked correectly in my old car cd player for some reason. Sounds great now though.
Animal Collective: Merriweather Post Pavilion- Pretty good record, definitely not the best I've ever heard, as the Pitchfork rubes would have you believe. It has a nice, thick, bassy production that I dig. 
The Lonely Island: Incredibad- Yeah, Lazy Sunday and Dick In A Box are old and overexposed, but I fully endorse this album. I'm On A Boat is my favorite (especially the autotuned/vocoded "muthafuckaaaaa" parts).

No comments:

Post a Comment